Advisory : Protect Rolex from Scratches & How to Remove Them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,

Another alternative is to wear your Rolex with a Nato strap. The nato straps ( leather or nylon ) comes in many colors and sizes.

Regards,

Zimmerit

Comment

• I've got a SS GMT 2 C which I've had for around 2 years now and a 6 month old TT Daytona with a blue Arabic dial.These are all bought brand new and used frequently. Both these 2 watches have the PCL and the tiny scratches can be only be noticed if you really look hard and at certain angles of light. With the SS I find the best way to buy some cape cod polishing cloth and polish it when necessary. Only really deep scratches would need professional polishing. Minor scruff or superficial scatches can be easily polished out with cape cod .

Comment

• Originally posted by jedithy View Post
        Hi guys, any reccomendation to protect your rolex? Just got a gmt 2c and using it with the plastic protector while wearing. Looks stupid I know but it really gives ease of mind. But the clasp is like a scratch magnet. How do you guys prevent scratches on that part?
        Buy a Seiko !
        ROLEX.

Comment

• I feel that there is no way too...

The only way for myself to minimise scratches is I will not put on the better condition watches to a drinking session.

I only put on one of my watches for drinking session, always that one, n when i look at it.... oh no....

Comment

• Cost of polishing/bezel replacement = $200 (just a random guess)

Looking silly at a dinner party = priceless
            elusive

Comment

• I have been wearing my GMT 2 TT almost daily for 8+ months. There are fine scratches here and there, but still within tolerable limits and still looks quite mint.

Perhaps 1 reason I can maintain it well is the fact that I wear long sleeves to work. On occassions I wear the watch without long sleeves, I am just extra careful.. In crowded areas, I will be extra careful.

Over time, it just becomes a sub-conscious habit
              GMT Master II TT (116713LN)

Comment

• For the GMT IIc TT, the cerachrom bezel is supposed to be "virtually scratch-proof". But this does not apply to the gold in-fill at the markers, especially the big triangle above the 12 hour. That is "scratchable", and RSC won't be able to polish it. Changing the cerachrom bezel costs about S$360..

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn18 View Post
                  For the GMT IIc TT, the cerachrom bezel is supposed to be "virtually scratch-proof". But this does not apply to the gold in-fill at the markers, especially the big triangle above the 12 hour. That is "scratchable", and RSC won't be able to polish it. Changing the cerachrom bezel costs about S$360..
                  Bro, are you sure changing the cerachrom bezel costs about S$360? I was quoted in the region of S$1k by RSC. Btw, RSC advised that the cerachrom bezel is "scratch resistant" only as there were many instances where the bezel had scratch marks and owners wanting to replace them.

Comment

For the GMT IIc TT, the cerachrom bezel is supposed to be "virtually scratch-proof". But this does not apply to the gold in-fill at the markers, especially the big triangle above the 12 hour. That is "scratchable", and RSC won't be able to polish it. Changing the cerachrom bezel costs about S$360..
                    Bro, are you sure changing the cerachrom bezel costs about S$360? I was quoted in the region of S$1k by RSC. Btw, RSC advised that the cerachrom bezel is "scratch resistant" only as there were many instances where the bezel had scratch marks and owners wanting to replace them.

Comment

• Originally posted by quacker View Post
                      That S$1k probably buys the whole complete bezel.. ~S$360 gets the insert only. The figure was given by a technician whom I chatted with when re-sizing my bracelet.. they have a habit of putting too much Loctite to hold the screw-links which makes DIY rather risky..

Comment

• Someone once share this with me.

"Just enjoy your watch"

Comment

That S$1k probably buys the whole complete bezel.. ~S$360 gets the insert only. The figure was given by a technician whom I chatted with when re-sizing my bracelet.. they have a habit of putting too much Loctite to hold the screw-links which makes DIY rather risky..
                          Noted bro.

Comment

• keep the plastic sticker on the back of your watch. so that when you put your watch down flat on any surface, the clasp will not scratch the back of the case.

apart from this.... umm.. just wear long sleeve to prevent scratches on the clasp.

at the end of the day, if you feel really paranoid about scratches etc on your watch, then you won't be able to enjoy it right?
                            -----
                            AP ROO Diver
                            Carl F Bucherer Patravi TravelGraph
                            Franck Muller Casablanca
                            Hublot Big Bang Evolution Rose Gold
                            IWC Big Pilot 5004
                            Panerai GMT Luminor PAM 088
                            Rolex Milgauss 116400GV
                            Rolex Daytona 116505

Comment

• If is belong to you,

Take out all stickers and enjoy your wearing it.

Otherwise you won`t be feeling it is your belonging.

" Scratches " is the best excuse for the reason to buy next one.

////// ;-) (-: ///////

Comment

• You really cannot avoid the scratches on the polished parts.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X