Advisory : Protect Rolex from Scratches & How to Remove Them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protect Rolex from Scratches & Remove Scratches

Hi guys, any reccomendation to protect your rolex? Just got a gmt 2c and using it with the plastic protector while wearing. Looks stupid I know but it really gives ease of mind. But the clasp is like a scratch magnet. How do you guys prevent scratches on that part?

Comment

Originally posted by jedithy View Post
      Hi guys, any reccomendation to protect your rolex? Just got a gmt 2c and using it with the plastic protector while wearing. Looks stupid I know but it really gives ease of mind. But the clasp is like a scratch magnet. How do you guys prevent scratches on that part?
      I definitely will not wear my watch with the plastic protector on. Looks really weird like you suggested. If you wear your watch, scratches are bound to appear unless you do not remove the stickers. Live with it.

Get it polished after a few years.

Comment

guess the only way is....don't wear it!

Comment

haha ok, shall strip it naked and wear it proudly. How much it cost to polish it btw?

Comment

The GMT 2C comes with ceramic bezel which is almost scratchproof, so why wear with the plastic protector?
            Only to make you look silly.

All stainless steel get scratches easily, esp the polished shine ones.

Get the watch polished if you cant stand scratches..

Comment

dun wear with the protector la, jus be more careful. anyway scratches cannot be avoided lo. jus as some bro says, polished it 5 years dwn the road, thats it!

Comment

polishing cost is about $100.

Comment

I think the clasp is easily scratched especially if its having the polished centre links (PCLs). If you wear it under a long sleeve shirt it may offer some protection from desk diving. Or maybe could put a piece of transparent tape over the shiny part of the clasp.
                  But ultimately shiny surfaces do attract scratches from usage. Wonder when they could invent the scratch proof bracelet and not just scratch proof bezel.

Comment

You have gone where others normally wouldn't, and so i applaud you for that.

if you don't mind looking silly with the plastic protector on, then you surely can cellophane wrap your entirely bracelet and wear that without looking out of place as well. After all, if i could paraphrase your words, ease of mind really seems to be more important than looking stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by jedithy View Post
                      Plse just keep it in a box !

Paiseh, for your own good, i need to be a bit harsh.

Comment

• Another one asking this question. Think I need to write a guide for this, sigh...
                        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

• There is only one thing of men that needs to wear protection, and it is not even for show.
                          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

• Think there is no way you can protect your Rolex from scratches, it is unavoidable unless you keep it in your safe.

Comment

• my daytona less than 6months already hv alot of scratches... i show my wife, she scold me for being careless... i think she is crazy!!
                              buy a watch u like & please wear it......

Comment

• Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                                There is only one thing of men that needs to wear protection, and it is not even for show.
                                Nice one!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X