No announcement yet.

Advisory : Protect Rolex from Scratches & How to Remove Them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wear it normally and u can always polish it lightly when send in for the 5 years routine servicing....afterall, watches are meant to be worn..and scratches are unavoidable....
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by theOrion View Post
      Well my take it just leave it, polishing often would mean the continual removal of material from the case and also often, it will make it worse and will end up taking up a hell lot of your time. I don't polish my watches anymore and I do own the pen and some items which you've pictured on the thread , I can give them to you if you like.
      LOL bro me too.. i brought them frm John,never used them. Cos i thought unless i dun wear them at all,otherwise sure will pickup the scratches sooner or later...so dun bother.

Comment

Ya, like what most of the bros say, no point polishing it...scratches will come naturally especially for those watches with polished links on the bracelet. You'll get used to it after a while. Polishing only thins the metal more. Polish every few years but even so, some people rather not do so to retain the "original condition".

Comment

Originally posted by dexter86 View Post
          my new watch has a very minor scratch on a satin brushed stainless steel surface, any tips on how to remove it..

this watch is very new n i cant bear to see scratches within the 1st week,

furthermore i would be wearing this daily n i figure it will be good to be able to remove sratches yrself

ignoring it or sending it for polishing is something i want to avoid

Oh NO!!! Time to buy new watch!!!!
          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by stektan View Post
            Ya, like what most of the bros say, no point polishing it...scratches will come naturally especially for those watches with polished links on the bracelet. You'll get used to it after a while. Polishing only thins the metal more. Polish every few years but even so, some people rather not do so to retain the "original condition".
            can't agreed more, look at my 233...i super careful. But still pickup very tiny winny scratches frm my shirts....(i suspect its my long sleeve cuffs)

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
              can't agreed more, look at my 233...i super careful. But still pickup very tiny winny scratches frm my shirts....(i suspect its my long sleeve cuffs)
              wow even cuffs can scratch the watch liddat cham lo

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                Wear it normally and u can always polish it lightly when send in for the 5 years routine servicing....afterall, watches are meant to be worn..and scratches are unavoidable....
                Agree!

Comment

best is not to touch it, send it for 5 year servicing

1. human finishing(with mediocre polishing kit) not as good as machine finishing
                  2. probability of uneven finish, lopsided cases and bracelets
                  Opportunities come once

Comment

scratches sure have unless u don wear. the pain of getting the 1st scratch is very heart pain, but after a few more scratches, u will be numb, bio pian 1

Comment

Help for remove ding and scratches on my Submariner

Hi,

I am quite heartache to see my watch being accidentally hit by a little metal rod. It caused a tiny ding and some light scratches on my case. Can anyone advise where I can send the watch for the removal or repair of the ding? I am quite confident that the scratches can be polished, but not the ding. Any advise? If not, if I send the watch to RSC for maintenance and polishing, would they be able to remove the ding?

Meanwhile, I am just wondering why the SS Submariner that is made of 904L metal so "soft"? A little knock can cause a small ding. I thought it's supposed to be tough and strong. Please help... really appreciate it.

Comment

to polish off the ding makes the case smaller, still depends how small your ding to remove how much metal.

Comment

I saw watchklinik used a before and after pic polishing of a submariner c in their website. Ultimately it's you where you are comfortable leaving your watch for the service.

Comment

Are you referring to polishing? I didn't notice any big difference from the photos.

Comment

i have no link with them, just saw this page when i surf their site.
                              http://www.watchklinik.com/main.aspx?sid=18

Comment

i don't want to zoom in to just one shop, there are shops out there you can make comparision. Most would prefer to collect and do it when complete overhaul due. I've got dings on case and bezel ring.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X