No announcement yet.

Advisory : Protect Rolex from Scratches & How to Remove Them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your help. I'll check it out soon.

Comment

Help sought: Removing scratches from EXP II

Hi bros...

My EXPII bracelet is pretty (actually not that pretty ) scratched. I actually bought some Cape Cod but realised that it is only for polished surface.

Any bros here have any recommendations for some DIY scratch removal on the brushed bracelet of the EXP II?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

I think there's this "scratch pen" where it is used to polish away scratches on brushed steel. Try to search this brand "Burgeon".
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i recommend you leave it alone. scratches will always occur.

DIY will not get you perfect results. trust me on this.
          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
            i recommend you leave it alone. scratches will always occur.

DIY will not get you perfect results. trust me on this.
            Second the recommendation. Just leave it. I remember when I have my first Rolex air king, I tried to remove the scratches but havIng more scratches in return. Furthermore I'm not a professional. So consolidate all your scratches and give a good polish during servicing. It will be as good as new.

Anyway if u are wearing it daily. Bound to have scratches matter how careful the owner is

Comment

Piece of cake! Go get a Burgeon brush pen and brush along with the grain and it'll be perfect in 3 mins. The trick is using the right amount of strenght and the lenght of the brush to get the desired brushed finish effect. Works for stainless steel and titanium, did it to a few of my pams and rolex, believe me, you'll be amazed by the results. Now you see it.......now you dun.....
              1 3 5
              ├┼┼╕
              2 4 6 R

Comment

Scratches on link

Recently, I went to Rolex Servicing Centre (RSC) for them to adjust my ROLEX Datejust II bracelet. Unfortunately when I got home, i notice that there's a scratch on one of my link. I feel quite disappointed because I expect their Technian to exercise professionalism to handle Rolex watches with care since they know that Rolex is not cheap watches but they failed me. :-(

In view of the abovementioned, I would suggest you guys to double check your watches before you leave the RSC if you happen to bring in your watches for servicing.
                Desire & Craving will never end, save some cash for the rainy day. Just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

Yet another blunder by rolex center

Comment

This happened to me too on my Submariner previously. Sent it in BNIb to adjust a 2nd round and found it came back with a small hairline on the links. Nothing can do about it though haha

Comment

It happens frequently... And probably too frequently...
                      Happened to a couple of my watches too.
                      One sported a tiny nick after the watch was clamped...

Sigh...

Comment

Do you guys get RSC folks to check through thoroughly before they take in the watch, and make notes on all scratches found? Coz can be subjected to debate and they are unlikely to admit that they are the ones who caused the nick...

Comment

I didn't get the aunties to check thoroughly together with myself. A mistake on hindsight. Although it was just a simple resizing of the bracelet zzzz. I know of friends who take clear pictures of their watch prior to sending in. This is to justify their debate lest anything happens. Whether all this is really necessary would also depend on how badly scratches affect you I guess. I think its part n parcel of wearing a watch

Comment

The RSC seems to face a lot of such issues. Not so much the aunties' fault but the technicians' IMO.

Happened to my GMTIIc's case back due to improper handling. I voiced my unhappiness and they have to clean up the caseback.

So really check whenever u collect watches from any svc ctr. Some watch technicians nowadays really "go thru motion"...sigh...

"because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
                            http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Comment

RSC is still ok lah

at the end of the day, just know your stuff and your rights as customer

"because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
                              http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Comment

I faced similar case. My SD's case was scratched by them. It's my fault of not checking so thoroughly as I also assumed they would handle it with care. I only realized it when I reached home and that's too late. I also feel the staffs are quite cheeky and arrogant sometimes. In any case, always check yourself and rely on yourself. Can't trust anyone nowadays.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X