Singapore Rolex Club Vintage Rolex Appreciation/Poisoning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Alex,
    Yup the 1807 is another very desirable watch. How about posting a picture of your grandfather's watch if you can )
    I can't remember what reference of the 180x come with the smooth bezel and it must be rare indeed. Black dial with with gold indexes is also rare too. Most 180x including what I have comes with the common champaign, silver and white color dial. Happy hunting and don't forget to post a picture if you do get your ideal day-date. Cheers!

Comment

I am also casually looking for a daydate to add, anything between the original 6610s to the double-quick 1823x's are fine. The smooth bezel daydate is the 1802, which was much more rare than the 1803. Apart from the black gilt/matte dials, the degrade with diamonds, stellas, onyx, mop, meteorite etc are also much rarer.
      Live for Greatness

Comment

Rolex model 6334

Hi r4gs,

All the special dials that you mentioned command a premium over the standard day-date and date-just. There is a guy selling a 1802 on VRM (http://vintagerolexmarket.com/) :-
        FS: Rare reference 18Kt Day Date 1802 with smooth bezel, HEAVY REDUCED !!!!!!!!!April 6 2014 at 12:28 PM

Here is another smaller sized Rolex model 6334with the Explorer type cum waffle dial that I collected along the way

Comment

My contribution to this thread is the Rolex Precision 6020 in 18K Gold and original croco strap and buckle.

Not sure if this watch is "special" but I like it very much.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmerit5 View Post
            Hi r4gs,

All the special dials that you mentioned command a premium over the standard day-date and date-just. There is a guy selling a 1802 on VRM (http://vintagerolexmarket.com/) :-
            FS: Rare reference 18Kt Day Date 1802 with smooth bezel, HEAVY REDUCED !!!!!!!!!April 6 2014 at 12:28 PM

Here is another smaller sized Rolex model 6334with the Explorer type cum waffle dial that I collected along the way
            Gorgeous waffle! I'd like to add a white waffle 6305 early Datejust from 1953 sometime, though these are very rare and are also rather expensive now. Rolex made a ton of references during the 50s and many dial styles for many different sport model variants.

Originally posted by Daytona67 View Post
            My contribution to this thread is the Rolex Precision 6020 in 18K Gold and original croco strap and buckle.

Stunning, that looks mint all-around!
            Live for Greatness

Comment

Originally posted by r4gs View Post
              Stunning, that looks mint all-around!
              Thanks, last restored at RSC more than 10 years ago and haven't worn it since.

Comment

Originally posted by Daytona67 View Post

Brilliant!
                Super elegant

Comment

I know that the vintage rollie section of the Singapore Rolex Club forums is usually quiet, so why not an appreciation/poisoning/enabling thread for all of us to enjoy? With all due respect to Francis' excellent vintage rolex thread, here's one for all Singapore Rolex Club members to share and ooh/ah/wah/steam

Post and share pics of your vintage rollies! I'll start...

Killa piece M!

My white says hi

Comment

My only vintage

[/QUOTE]

Delicious puffy markers E! More coming to u

Comment

• Originally posted by r4gs View Post
                      I know that the vintage rollie section of the Singapore Rolex Club forums is usually quiet, so why not an appreciation/poisoning/enabling thread for all of us to enjoy? With all due respect to Francis' excellent vintage rolex thread, here's one for all Singapore Rolex Club members to share and ooh/ah/wah/steam

Originally posted by Alexlow View Post
                      I sold most of it last couple of months, but i'm lucky to find this with unpolished factory bevels.

Saw this on ig Alex! Killa and congrats m8!!

Comment

• Originally posted by r4gs View Post

Bravo pieces! Happy to see an appreciable interest in these old Rollies....

Some group shots:

Gd time & quality gtg

Comment

• My beloved pair

And gd times

Cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by ben39 View Post
                            My beloved pair

Those patina are just sick bro.
                            Im your no.1 fan for the pair on ig.please post more.
                            Last edited by Alexlow; 11-04-14, 03:36 AM.

Comment

• not sure if vintage lovers interested in doing a gtg?
                              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by ben39 View Post
                                My beloved pair

And gd times

Cheers!

Clap clap

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse