Cortina Watch Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by P88 View Post
    Oh...that old man, i kenna too. He stands outside, you walk into shop, he follows behind scanning you from head to toe. You ask i question, he answer with one word. No smile, just that 'see you no up' look.
    spot on, bro.

Comment

• You mean Uncle Wi****? He is a nice guy lah... It is just that he has been working in THG before we were born so he is now "work also 36, don't work also 36" loh....
      Originally posted by P88 View Post
      Oh...that old man, i kenna too. He stands outside, you walk into shop, he follows behind scanning you from head to toe. You ask i question, he answer with one word. No smile, just that 'see you no up' look.

Comment

• cortina @ paragon is the worst....rude and arrogant..but I have to say Raffles' better....

Comment

• Originally posted by 116520 View Post
          You mean Uncle Wi****? He is a nice guy lah... It is just that he has been working in THG before we were born so he is now "work also 36, don't work also 36" loh....
          He's an old guard, i get it. However, in the service industry, his first impression to any customer is an inportant first step. It is a reflection of the company he represents.

Comment

• wow.. i have always wanted to check out the raffles city cortina branch.... now i doubt i will even look around it anymore judging from the comments..... i had a good experience at cortina millenia walk as the personnel did take time to help me look around. However he did try to get me to buy a BALL watch saying it was value for money etc etc.. i felt that he thought that my friend and i were prob only able to afford that.... and i was wearing an explorer II at that time!!! no hard feelings la, but at least they bothered to entertain me and took out a few ball watches to show me too

The best experience ever is THG at Ngee Ann, this guy was fantastic.... recommended my wife and i a rolex each and allowed us to see touch and we never bought. He knew we were looking around but continued to talk to us and he even showed me his personal collection with his hp pics. Bravo. thats what i call fantastic service!
            Currently own:
            Rolex Explorer 2 Black Dial 16570
            Rolex Precision 6694 (Manual winding)
            Blue Dial/Silver Markers
            Seiko SNZG15K1
            Ball EMII Diver green inner bezel!
            Stowa Marine Original (White dial)

Wishlist:
            Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic PAM 392 42mm

(gone and missing them)
            Omega Seamaster 2254.50
            Breitling Colt GMT (Black dial)

Comment

• He got lots of regulars... He started working in the watch industry before we were born... so why bother to give good impression to young walk-in(s)? He is a nice guy after you get to know him... senior needs to be respected you see... take it easy on him lah... cheers!

Originally posted by P88 View Post
              He's an old guard, i get it. However, in the service industry, his first impression to any customer is an inportant first step. It is a reflection of the company he represents.

Comment

• I had 2 bad experiences with cortina raffles city previously, can feel kanna scanned .... nowadays on and off i will walk in and scan them back. Agreed that the outlet at millenia walk is quite like the opposite though.

But seriously the service level needs to be improved.

Cheers
                Patek Philippe Nautilus 5712G
                Audemars Piguet 15400ST.OO.1220ST.02
                Rolex Seadweller 126600
                Rolex Deepsea Seadweller 116660
                Rolex Submariner 16610
                Tudor Pelagos LHD
                Panerai 233
                Panerai 104
                Bell & Ross BR03-92 Phantom
                Sinn Ultimate U
                Sinn U2 S
                Sinn U1 Black (Stealth)
                Sinn U1
                Dievas Shadow
                Vihelm Talos (Blue)
                Vilhelm Elemental (Gunmetal)
                Zelos Hammerhead Bronze
                Tag Heuer F1 Chronograph (White)
                Seiko Arctura Kinetic Chronograph
                Seiko Sportura Kinetic Chronograph

Comment

• Originally posted by coopster9 View Post
                  cortina @ paragon is the worst....rude and arrogant..but I have to say Raffles' better....
                  i walked in after a long day at work in berms, crocs and a short sleeved shirt (i just changed my pants and shoes and left office).

initially nobody wanted to serve me. this lady was trying to get far far away from me and asked a young looking employee to tend to me.

once he saw my wife's reverso (she dresses very simply), his attitude changed. the lady also quickly came back to join in when she realized what watch i was wearing.

i left as quickly as i came in because i wanted to buy a white gold sub but they had no stock (i took a quick look at the WG DD-2 also). it wasn't a good experience, but it wasn't bad either.

however, i'm sure if i went in wearing a casio calculator watch, i'm not gonna be impressed...
                  “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

• I had witness personally at ADs o at some watch boutiques, Im sorry to say that, many locals just view watches for the sake of passing time.

Y should these ppl browse when they totally have no intention of buying?? i wonder whats the feeling like if we were to be the sales person ourselves. All these are time wasters.

Bad service is everywhere. Sometimes I feel that, to get good service, we must be good customers ourselves.

But with regards to cortina, haha.. no comments.. Management needs to reflect!

Comment

• Originally posted by batamboy View Post
                      I had witness personally at ADs o at some watch boutiques, Im sorry to say that, many locals just view watches for the sake of passing time.

Y should these ppl browse when they totally have no intention of buying?? i wonder whats the feeling like if we were to be the sales person ourselves. All these are time wasters.

Bad service is everywhere. Sometimes I feel that, to get good service, we must be good customers ourselves.

I think you have a very peculiar mindset on this. So to you, people who have no intention to make an immediate purchase should not browse in a shop what they will eventually buy?! These people are your "time wasters"?!!

You are not exactly wrong that we have to be good customers to get good service but I think you have gotten it out of context of what a good customer is/should be.

I hope you are not in front line retail, seriously!!!
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Its a fine line between giving good customer service, and entertaining people who may cost you a sale.
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I had witness personally at ADs o at some watch boutiques, Im sorry to say that, many locals just view watches for the sake of passing time.

u angmoh ? blac or whte skin ? very sure tis pple u c r locals n nt PRs,newcitizens ? cannot browse see-see then open shop 4 wat ?

Comment

• Gents & Ladies,

I believe that we should be good customers (as in not giving sales stuff a hard time over things they can't control). However even if a walk in customer is only browsing, how would you know if browsing will not turn into buying?

I still remember going into THG at ngee ann when I was a boy, just to check out what watch I want (aunt's graduation gift). Even though I was a young boy, the stuff there was showing me different watches and even bother to explain the basics and cost. That to be is a priceless service.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                              I think you have a very peculiar mindset on this. So to you, people who have no intention to make an immediate purchase should not browse in a shop what they will eventually buy?! These people are your "time wasters"?!!

You are not exactly wrong that we have to be good customers to get good service but I think you have gotten it out of context of what a good customer is/should be.

I hope you are not in front line retail, seriously!!!
                              Haha, bro, definately not. But I do have a few frds with ADs from THG and others. Some of them are retired, they shared with me their experiences, so thats y ...So depends how we see things.

Comment

...many locals just view watches for the sake of passing time.

i agree. i feel that many singaporeans are bad customers in the sense that; if they're not buying, they should make it clear and not get the sales person's "hopes" up. many singaporeans act (not just in watch shops) as if everyone else owes them the world. this attitude is not something that can be easily changed. si bei pai kuan.

however in a service/retail sector, sales persons must try to treat everyone as a potential customer - either now or in future. how a sales person "grooms" this potential customer is entirely up to him/her and his fellow colleagues. it's with experience, not through snubbing people, that he/she can tell whether or not that walk-in is a "genuine buyer" -

i have (and i'm sure many others have too) decided to purchase a watch even though it wasn't planned, simply because i was impressed by the sales person's pitch and sincerity.

and if they/he/she gives fantastic service, i'm sure a fair number of singaporeans (such as me) will go back to complete a purchase even if it's a little bit pricier than elsewhere - the result of a weird relationship that was born and cemented during that 15-50mins as a result of good service. this is what differentiates a good and bad sales person.

if they/he/she treats me like dirt or makes me feel lousy about myself... why should i go back? afterall, i'm not being offered the watch on a different profit margin!
                                “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X