Cortina Watch Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deslene View Post
    If that's true, then we'll simply stop buying from them, make them all suffer... then maybe they'll start standing outside their shop to "leilong".... hahaha....
    sounds like Taka Jewellery sia

Comment

• Originally posted by speedy27 View Post
      if it was me, i would take out my amex plat and then say how expensive?? u sure i can't affod it??
      card?!take out your stacks of CASH and put them on the counter and look at his face.And ask him,how expensive huh?

Comment

• hahaha...yeah..cash is king..u can see after u put the stacks of cash on the table the manager will start to take over the sales and u be treated like a king after tat..hahaha....
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• ya man, all in $2 bill note... make them count until they gave better discount, so they can count lesser... hahaha... Good strategy right?

Comment

• back to the topic,i must say this is heng suai.But if you dun like the SA service just turn away go to the other SA.This will make him paiseh,and look bad.But hor dun be like someone SCREAM and make drama mama in the shop.

Comment

• good idea...hahaha...must remember to go to bank to change to $1 coins at year end...hahaha....

Comment

• lolz...screaming dun help in most situations...lol...esp if the SA is a chiobu...

Comment

• Originally posted by ejaan View Post
                  For me I'd find another salesperson that is willing to attend professionally to my queries. I will then buy the watch from this person and see the reaction on the one that had ignored me earlier...when he realised the commission he had lost.

Now that would be priceless...
                  i have been saying that for so long.......... and it works too. once in perth i was buying a expensive laptop for a friend, but i walk in, no service, ask for price, he just give me one worders (no, yes, $4999; you get the idea )

so i walk over to his partner (nice chio bu ) and buy from her, somemore pay CASH, and make up mind straightaway. later as i was browsing, i can hear the original staff say that i was his "customer"

i can only imagine what his partner must be thinking
                  Last edited by seiko.citizen; 12-08-08, 09:32 PM.
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• Cortina Watch Service

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to check on your experince with the service in Cortina?

Reason for asking is cause I was at the Raffles City branch (Rolex Unit) yesterday to look for the watch I want, and the stuff who approach me was less then what I whould have expected from a high end shop.

To be honest I was wearing t-shirt & bermudas (just brought my kid for swimming lessions). But I still don't think that's reason for poor service.

Example of what was said to me:

Me: "Hi. I'm looking for a black face SS Daytona. Do you guys have any available?"
                    Him: "It's very expensive sir... it's selling at a premium price...."
                    Me: "Emm... ok but do you have a piece?"
                    Him: "It cost about $15,000+"
                    Me: "Do you have a piece?"

Finally he went to check and came back with a "sorry no stock".

Is this a one off incident or should I expect this all the time?

Comment

• Hi lighthand,

If you read here enough, you'll be able to learn that this particular watch company, and the branch that you've encountered, is pretty much less to be desired. You, sadly, are not the first to have received such poor service, and very likely, you'll not be the last.

But I do appreciate you sharing here because at least, we all know they haven't improved all these years.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• See if this helps:

cortina
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• generally, most sales staff generally look at what you are wearing to gauge for themselves the customer possibility in buying an item. why? one possibility is that they dont want to spend time entertaining a customer who is just asking. because there could be another potential customer who walks through the door that is likely to buy and the sales staff cant get to that customer. this result in potential loss of sales and/or commission.

different AD, different branch all sales staff works different. i do know of a particular AD of a particular branch where all/majority of the sales staff will entertain all customers whenever possible. why? each branch has a target sales. so by them helping one another, they can reach sales target faster. also, they believe in the fact that if every customer is entertained and they leave a good impression, then the customer will recommend more customers to them. sometimes i do bring friends to the outlet, eventually they bought from another sales staff because sales staff is busy or on leave.

as such, i believe their working philosophy is correct. you scratch my back, i scratch yours. everyone gains. however, management tends to have different thinking. as such, this cause a change in working philosophy with 'new' staff who does not share the same belief.

regardless any AD, there are always such sales staff around. if i got time to entertain them, i go back to look for the particular staff, express my sincere express. sit down, negotiate price. when the time comes to make payment, i say i got the interest to buy but because of my previous experience with you. i wont buy from you. i am heading to another AD to buy. thank you very much.
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                          1. subject heading indicating your issue
                          2. your nick
                          3. your corresponding email address
                          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Read though the postings....

My goodness, I did not know cortina is so "well known". I was over in Dickson and the service was not perfect but not too bad either, decided to buy the watch there and then. However found out later the watch was reserved, though the SA did bother to put my name down for the next one coming in a week time.

Sigh!! How hard is it to get good service in SG?

Comment

• "regardless any AD, there are always such sales staff around. if i got time to entertain them, i go back to look for the particular staff, express my sincere express. sit down, negotiate price. when the time comes to make payment, i say i got the interest to buy but because of my previous experience with you. i wont buy from you. i am heading to another AD to buy. thank you very much."

This is bad..
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by lighthand View Post
                                Read though the postings....

My goodness, I did not know cortina is so "well known". I was over in Dickson and the service was not perfect but not too bad either, decided to buy the watch there and then. However found out later the watch was reserved, though the SA did bother to put my name down for the next one coming in a week time.

Sigh!! How hard is it to get good service in SG?
                                Some ADs/pte dealers I'd experienced or heard of, that I will have no qualms to return for more purchases include the Hour Glass (THG) @Ngee Ann City (nac), Millenia Walk, Raffles Hotel, Lucky Plaza; Sincere Fine Watches @nac & Suntec City; Tai Hong Hung @People's Pk Cplx, KOH Watches @People's Pk Ctr.

I'm in no way related to any of the above and it is purely my personal experience/knowledge.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X